Huatulco Life was inspired by people with a passion for Huatulco and the Mexican lifestyle. It is a place to find out more information about the region and enjoy the beauty of the Oaxacan coastline through the photo gallery. From time to time, other interesting tidbits about Mexico make their way into the pages of this blog. Enjoy!
Thursday, March 31, 2011
What makes a place great?
1) Getting away from it all - For many people, the ability to relax and get away from their stressful daily life is the number one priority in a vacation destination and in many cases the reason they purchase a retirement property or continue coming back to the same place year after year.
2) Beautiful beaches - With 36 stunning beaches and miles of uncluttered coastline we think Huatulco ranks at the top of the list for great destinations. If you want the whole beach to yourself there is no shortage of secluded spots.
3) Warm waters - While we may be on the Pacific Ocean side of North America, many people can attest to just how warm the waters are down here. It is a common stereotype that the Pacific side has colder oceans and for the most part that is true. However, we are located at 15 degrees north latitude, which is at the bottom of Belize. With the amount of sunshine we receive down here and our ocean currents, the water temperature is perfect!
4) Great food - While I won't claim that we have the most diverse selection of restaurants, we still have our fair selection of very good places to eat. Whether it's the classic taco stands or something a little more fine dining, there is no shortage of great food down here.
5) Friendly people - A large part of enjoying your time away from home is the people you meet during your travels. I think many of us who are familiar with the area would agree that the local people are very warm and friendly. The coast of Oaxaca is still composed of smaller communities and beach towns, and it still retains it's small town feel. The people are welcoming and happy that you have come to see their paradise.
6) Activities - Huatulco is the original green tourism destination...long before Costa Rica ever became chic with their adventure tourism. There is no shortage of things to do here whether it's just relaxing on one of it's many beaches, surfing, snorkeling, zip-lining, horseback riding, ATV tours, coffee plantation tours, bay tours, or the many other activities, there is no shortage of things to keep everyone entertained.
7) Unspoiled - Finally, one of the big reasons people keep returning to Huatulco is that it truly is a paradise, still in it's infancy. It is safe, affordable, relaxing and unspoiled. Have I said unspoiled yet?
We hope you make it down here soon as a place this special is sure to grow...people are starting to talk!
What other things do you think make a place special? I'd love to hear your comments below.