Huatulco Life was inspired by people with a passion for Huatulco and the Mexican lifestyle. It is a place to find out more information about the region and enjoy the beauty of the Oaxacan coastline through the photo gallery. From time to time, other interesting tidbits about Mexico make their way into the pages of this blog. Enjoy!

View The Paradise of Huatulco Video

Friday, February 17, 2012

Being Grateful

The recession is ugly!  The narco violence is killing tourism!  Misguided stories from the press are swaying public opinion!  And on, and on, and on...

It's pretty easy these days to be consumed with all that is negative, after all, that is all we seem to be hearing.

And while many of these things are real issues, sometimes it is how we handle them on a personal level that allow us to live in a positive and grateful manner.

We as humans are funny creatures.  We always seem to want what we don't have.  We desire more, bigger, better, taller, greater, and on, and on, and on...

Growing up near the Canadian Rockies, I was very fortunate to be in a place of such beauty that people came from all over the world to see these majestic mountains.  And while I absolutely loved immersing myself in their grandeur, I think after while, I began to take it for granted.

So, here I find myself in an incredibly beautiful place, Huatulco.  I am surrounded by incredible beaches, amazing weather, and the beautiful blue water of the Pacific Ocean.  I am not sure if I am taking it for granted or not, maybe I am, or maybe the daily grind is leaving me blind to the beauty before me.  I feel very fortunate to be here, and many people would trade their daily grind for mine.

What is the point?  I suppose the point is that the world is an amazing place filled with beauty, and things to be grateful for.  Sometimes it's easy to get caught up in the negativity, and to be honest, looking for things to be grateful for is not that hard.  Look around you, open your eyes just a wider because everything you should be grateful for is right in front of you.

No matter where you are in the world, be grateful for what you have, enjoy life, and if it gets a little cold in your part of the world, you can always come and visit us here in Huatulco.

Make the most of your weekend...have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment